The course is designed to support the development of knowledge to support a client with complex needs.
The course is developed from the training package:
CHCDIS010 - Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
CHCDIS007 - Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
This course is divided into two sectors.
- Person-centred approaches to care for client with a disability or complex needs.
1. Evaluate and prioritise the needs of a person with complex support issues
2. Develop an individualised plan to achieve maximum quality of life.
3. Coordinate the delivery of the individualised plan.
4. Coordinate the monitoring, evaluation and review of the individualised plan
2. Empowerment of clients with a disability or complex needs
1. Demonstrate commitment to empowerment for people with disability
2. Foster human rights
3. Facilitate choice and self-determination
The course consists of approximately 20 hours of study and assessment, which is comprised of reading, videos and assessments.
This is a professional development course that is registered with the Australian Counselling Association.
- EVALUATE AND PRIORITISE THE NEEDS OF A PERSON WITH COMPLEX SUPPORT ISSUES
- IDENTIFY AND PRIORITISE THE NEEDS OF THE PERSON, TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE POSSIBILITY OF CO-EXISTING ISSUES
- IDENTIFY SPECIFIC PROBLEMS, ISSUES AND CHALLENGES FOR THE PERSON IN LINE WITH JOB ROLE AND ORGANISATION PROCEDURES
- ANALYSE AND INTERPRET DATA, WITH ASSISTANCE FROM HEALTH PROFESSIONALS AND OTHER RELEVANT PERSONNEL
- RECOGNISE THE IMPACT OF COMPLEX SUPPORT ISSUES ON THE PERSONS FAMILY
- ESTABLISH PRIORITIES FOR SUPPORT WITH THE PERSON AND/OR FAMILY AND/OR CARER AND/OR RELEVANT OTHER
- Assessment one
- 2.1 UTILISE BEST PRACTICE GUIDELINES WHEN DEVELOPING STRATEGIES TO ADDRESS COMPLEX AND/OR SPECIAL NEEDS
- 2.2 LIAISE WITH RELEVANT EXPERTS AND/OR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS WHEN DEVELOPING INDIVIDUALISED PLANS
- 2.3 NEGOTIATE AND ESTABLISH GOALS WITH THE PERSON AND/OR FAMILY AND/OR CARER AND/OR RELEVANT OTHER
- 2.4 ACCESS AND NEGOTIATE RESOURCES IN ORDER TO DELIVER IDENTIFIED SERVICES
- 2.5 ACCESS COMMUNITY SUPPORT AGENCIES TO FACILITATE THE ACHIEVEMENT OF ESTABLISHED GOALS
- Assessment 2
- 3.1 ENSURE SERVICES AND SUPPORT ACTIVITIES ARE UNDERTAKEN BY APPROPRIATELY SKILLED WORKERS
- 3.2 RECOGNISE WHEN A SERVICE AND/OR SUPPORT WORKER IS NO LONGER ABLE TO PROVIDE THE LEVEL OF SERVICE REQUIRED
- 3.3 SUPPORT ALL STAKEHOLDER INVOLVED IN THE SERVICE PROVISION TO UNDERSTAND THE INDIVIDUALISED PLAN AND THEIR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WITHIN THAT PLAN
- Assessment 3
- 4.1 SEEK FEEDBACK FROM ALL STAKEHOLDER WHEN EVALUATING EFFECTIVENESS OF THE INDIVIDUALISED PLAN AND RE-PRIORITISING SUPPORT NEEDS
- 4.2 SEEK FEEDBACK FROM THE PERSON AND/OR CARER AND/OR RELEVANT OTHER WHEN EVALUATING EFFECTIVENESS OF THE INDIVIDUALISED PLAN
- 4.3 SEEK ADVICE AND ASSISTANCE WHEN THE PERSON’S GOALS AND NEEDS ARE NOT BEING ACHIEVED
- 4.4 MAKE NECESSARY REVISIONS TO THE INDIVIDUALISED PLAN IN LINE WITH ROLE, ORGANISATION AND/OR PROGRAM GUIDELINES AND IN CONSULTATION WITH THE PERSON AND/OR FAMILY AND/OR CARER AND/OR RELEVANT OTHER
- Assessment 4
You will receive 10 OPD with ACA.
Support from Accredited Trainers on your learning journey.